If you are having problems when paying with Klarna here are somethings that may cause an issue.
- Your device. Popups must be allowed on your device. The Klarna checkout can sometimes have issues when customers use the safari browser. If you try again using google chrome or firefox it should work for you.
- Your shipping address is different to your billing address. This is one of the most common reasons you can’t pay or get declined. Often when shopping online your shipping address might be different to your billing address, e.g. your work address. However for your first Klarna purchase this can increase the odds of your payment getting declined. We recommend using the same shipping address as your billing address. Once you have made your first payment then your ‘trust score’ will increase and Klarna will allow you to order items to multiple shipping addresses in the future.
- You’re buying something expensive. If you are trying to buy an expensive item this may be a reason to get declined. For your first purchase we recommend buying something less than £100. Don’t forget Klarna is taking a calculated risk that you will make the payment. The risk and cost for Klarna increase the more expensive the item is.Start with a small purchase allowing you to build your ‘trust score’ with Klarna, this includes making sure that you don’t miss those all important payments!
- Your billing address is inaccurate. When you make a payment your billing address is one of the most important pieces of information Klarna has on your eligibility to pay. It is important your billing address matches the address your bank has on record. If these do not match then it is likely that your payment will be declined, double check the address your bank has on file for you.If you have just moved or have no history at your current address it will make it more difficult for Klarna to determine who you are. Ideally your billing address will be somewhere you have lived for a while and is also where you are registered with a bank and utility company.
- Wrong contact details. It may sound obvious but make sure you check the spelling of your name, email and billing address. A simple misspell will quickly get you declined. We always recommend double checking your details before re-submitting. Accidentally missing a letter from your zip code could be the difference between you getting those new sneakers and not.
How to pay using Klarna
Proceed to checkout from product page
or proceed to checkout from product page and fill out your details.
At the bottom of the checkout page select Klarna as payment option and fill in your card details on the section provided.
If you scroll down you will then see a check box to agree to T & C’s
You then need to click on the ‘Place Order’ button
Once you have placed your order a popup window (please make sure popups are not blocked) will appear asking for you to confirm your date of birth, if you do not fill in your date of birth the order will not complete.
If you need any further help or advice please contact us.
The Brogue Trader Ltd. is not a lender and acts only as an introducer. The credit product is provided by Klarna Bank AB (publ). Credit is only available to permanent UK residents aged 18 and over, subject to status. Terms and conditions apply. Please note that Pay in 30 days and Pay in 3 instalments are not regulated by the FCA. Remember to always add an appropriate risk warning to accompany this disclosure.
Please spend responsibly. Borrowing more than you can afford could seriously affect your financial status. Make sure you can afford to make your monthly repayments on time. // analytics are also in the view/common/head